Sunday, March 14, 2010

RSS, Wikis & Collaborative Content

I have a Bloglines account so that I can keep up to date with my favourite blogs, some I've added to my blog roll to the left. It's really helpful to have them all in one spot, like having all your magazines delivered to you at your house instead of driving to 6 different bookstores or newsagencies.
Something that satisfies my obsessive compulsive tendencies is the editable wiki on the NLA Australian Newspaper website. The website allows you to search for an article of interest and edit its digital contents, while displaying the original scanned article of the newspaper. Editing is open to pretty much anyone who has time as there are over 15 million articles you can search. You can check out the one I edited here. The articles are being integrated into the Library's Trove search engine, which is fantastic, and through a collaborative process, more Australian newspapers are being digitalised everyday. You could have a field day...

No comments:

Post a Comment